Online Reputation Marketing
Reputation has prime importance in business. Reputation management helps you in building brand. You put a lot of efforts in shaping our business. You structure your online reputation and struggle to improve its visibility. At times you feel that you have put in your 100% efforts. Yet, there are dissatisfied customers not pleased with your products or services.
On the contrast, the negative reviews of the customers on the Internet reach to large number of people, far and wide. The negative reviews can impact your brand adversely and give a cut-off to efforts and time you spent on building your reputation. Hence it is important to gain customers’ trust, and experience with your business to keep the reputation high.
Online Reputation management is monitoring the status of your business on internet by managing the negative content that is destroying the reputation and using customer feedback solutions to give them satisfactory results. Here is what happens in practice −
If you provide a great experience to your customers, they share it with their friends and the good words spread. If your business has good reputation, it grows to generate more revenue.
You should know what others are saying about you. Monitor the web by activating Google alerts and If This Then That (IFTTT). See the negative content, react on it and manage searches for your name such as site links and business details on maps. Use customers’ feedbacks and reviews to mind the difference in how you identify yourself and how customers view it.
- Develop 5-star reputation
- Market your reputation
- Manage your reputation
- Make reputation management a practice to be followed.
History of Business Failures Due to Negative Feedbacks
There are so many companies that failed in digital world due to negative reviews of customers.
Nestle receives negative reviews about their environmental practices. They paid no heed to it. People started becoming hostile and posted against the company, thus forcing the company to shut their public page.
Dark Horse Café
They responded coldly to some a negative tweet against their inability to provide electrical outlets for laptops. This was termed in negative public relation case.
When You Should Worry About Reputation?
You should take it seriously if you encounter the following things against you −
- Negative Reviews − It may lead to loss in sale.
- Hate Sites − These sites address businesses with insult and false information.
- Negative Media Coverage − Bad publicity adversely impacts your brand name.
What Should You Aim for about Reputation?
This is what you need to be ready for at any given point of time −
- Know what is in air about you
- Quick reaction
- Understanding your critic
- Learning from your mistakes
How to Manage Online Reputation
Here are some tips on managing online reputation −
- Improve tagging and SEO.
- Strive to build links from strong and reliable sources.
- Use authentic customers’ testimonials to rule out negative content.
- Do not impose invalid reviews in order to push customers’ testimonials.
- Publish original posts with valuable information.
- Do not copy or post vague articles.
- Submit press releases to mark your presence. This lets other know your brand.
- Get mentioned by third party to show your credibility. Make sure you ask a prominent name for this.
- Respond to negative reviews politely. Do not use harsh words. Also, do take care to address your customer immediately.
- Offer great products and services to satisfy your customers.
- Motivate all your clients to give you reviews. Better reviews help in better sales.