How to replace favicon in Shopify
In order to replace it, you should perform the following steps:
- Log into the Shopify Admin with your login credentials.
- Navigate to Online Store -> Themes -> Customize theme. By default, favicon can be replaced in ‘General settings’.
- Click ‘Replace’ button and browse your custom favicon image on the computer, upload it.
- After you’re done, click ‘Save’ button and open the home page to see the changes.
Now let’s try to re-upload it in a different way.
- Open the admin panel, go to Online Store -> Themes -> Customize theme -> Edit HTML/CSS.
- Open ‘Assets’ and search for existing favicon image, remove it.
- After you’re done, click ‘Add a new asset’ button. Browse your custom favicon image on the computer and upload it. It should be of the same size/name/extension as default one.
- Check the home page to see your new favicon.
That’s it! Now you know how to re-upload favicon image in two ways.