How to manage the maintenance page in OpenCart
- First, log into the cPanel dashboard.
- This leads you to the main cPanel area. Locate and open the File Manager.
- Inside the File Manager, navigate to your store root folder. Most stores use the main domain, so the root folder would be public_html. If you are using a subfolder (e.g. example.com/shop), then you would look for public_html/shop.
- Click on the catalog folder, then the language folder. At this point, the next folder can be different, depending on what language you are using on your site. We will assume the default one and use English folder. Open english folder and finally the common folder.
- Inside the common folder you will see three files. Locate the one named maintenance.php and then open it for editing.
- Inside the editor, you will see a few variables with their settings. The line of code that controls the maintenance message is below:
$_['text_message'] = '<h1 style="text-align:center;">We are currently performing some scheduled maintenance. <br/>We will be back as soon as possible. Please check back soon.</h1>';
- Change the text in the code to your custom message. Look at our example below to see how we changed the message.
$_['text_message'] = '<h1 style="text-align:center;">We are editing the theme and adding more great products.. <br/>We will be back as soon as possible. Please check back soon.</h1>';
- After your new message is in place, click Save Changes button in the upper right corner of the screen to activate it. When your store is in maintenance mode, your visitors will now see the new message. Refresh the website to see the changes.