How to manage currencies and set up a default one in Shopify
- Log into your Shopify private account at https://www.shopify.com/login to access your Shopify store dashboard.
- Navigate to “Themes” tab on the left and click “Customize theme” button on the top right of the appeared screen.
- Then, scroll down and click “Money options” tab to view currency settings.
In the appeared section you may choose whether to display currency selector on your store front-end or not, change money format to display your prices with/without currency code (e.g. $10.00/$10.00 USD), add/remove currencies in currency selector drop-down and set default currency for your store.
You may add more currencies separating them with a space and using the ISO 4217 3-letter currency code.
You may find complete list of currency codes at: http://www.xe.com/iso4217.php.
Let’s add Canadian dollars in the “Currencies you wish to support” field.
Click “Publish Changes” button on the bottom right to save the changes. Check your store front-end, new currency is now displayed in the currency selector drop-down.
Now, let’s set Canadian dollars as default currency in our store:
- Put CAD in the “Default currency” field and click “Publish changes” button on the bottom right.
- Open your store front-end and refresh the page to see changes.
- We have successfully set the default currency for our store.