How to Create a WHM Reseller Without An Associated Domain in WHM
You can create additional administrative user accounts in WHM that do not correspond to a cPanel account. This allows your employees to perform the following tasks:
- Review bandwidth reports.
- Reset passwords.
- Configure mailboxes.
- Suspend and unsuspend accounts.
- Manage DNS entries.
Create a WHM user without an associated domain
To create a WHM reseller account without an associated domain, perform the following steps:
In the steps below,
username represents the desired account username.
- Log in as the
rootuser on the server via SSH.
- To create a new user, run the following command:
- To set a password for the new user, run the following command:
- To create an entry in the
resellersfile that grants the user full permissions, run the following command:
- Log in to WHM as the
- Navigate to WHM’s Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges interface (Home >> Resellers >> Edit Reseller Nameservers and Privileges).
- Select username from the menu.
- Click Submit.
- Select the checkboxes that correspond to the desired user permissions.
- Click Save.