How to create a product option and apply it to a product in OpenCart
The tutorial assumes you are already logged in your OpenCart administration area.
Let’s learn how to create a product option.
- Go to Catalog ->Options tab.
- Then, click “Insert” button at the top right.
- On the appeared screen fill in the “Option Name:” field with the new option name, choose the type of option from the “Type:” drop-down and put the sort order in the “Sort Order:” field.
Now, let’s add option values for the option we have created.
- Click “Add Option Value” button and add several option values filling in “Option Value Name:” and “Sort order” fields.
- Click “Save” button at the top right to apply changes.
Now, let’s apply the created option to any product.
- Go to Catalog ->Products tab and click “Edit” button at the right hand side of the product you would like to apply an option to.
- Click the “Option” tab and start typing previously added product option in an empty field.
- Hit enter key – now you may add as many option values for the product as you like. Specify Stock, Price, Weight, etc. values that will be available for the product to choose.
- Click “Save” button at the top right of the screen.
Open edited product page in the front-end, you can now see “Color” option drop-down there.
This is the end of the tutorial, we have learnt how to create a product option and apply it to a product in your OpenCart store.