How to add variable product in WooCommerce
In order to set up a variable product, you should perform the following steps:
- Open WordPress administration panel.
- Navigate to Products – Add Product tab in order to create a new product.
- Fill in basic information about your product like title and product description.
- Select your product type – Variable Product.
- Fill in the product data the same way as you do when creating a simple product.
- Go to the Attributes tab.
- Click Add button in order to add the attribute. Enter its title and possible values, separated by pipe (|). Check in the Used for variations box.
- Click Add button in order to add more attributes. When all the attributes are created, click Save attributes button.
- Navigate to Variations tab. Set up the default attributes values that will be shown on the opening product page. Click Add Variation to create your product variants.
- Select the attributes values for the newly created variant. Then, fill in the product information for this variant, like Stock Quantity, Prices and other information.
- In order to complete adding the product, assign it to a category, input product tags, add product image or create image gallery following the same steps as for the simple products. Do not forget to Publish your variable product.