Create Your Own Dreamweaver Shortcuts
It’s easy to use the Dreamweaver keyboard shortcuts editor to create your own shortcut keys. And if you create shortcuts to commands and actions that you use all the time, you can improve your efficiency and effectiveness in using this powerful editor.
- Select “Keyboard shortcuts…” from the “Edit” menu (Windows) or “Keyboard shortcuts…” from the “Dreamweaver” menu (Macintosh).
- Search for the command that you would like to have a keyboard shortcut added to.
- Click on the plus icon to add a shortcut to that command.
Note: you cannot modify the default command set, if you try, Dreamweaver will prompt you to save a copy.
- Click in the press key box and click the shortcut command you would like to use.
Note: If that shortcut command is already in use, Dreamweaver will let you know.
- Click OK to save your commands to your own keyboard shortcuts set.
Where to Use Custom Keyboard Shortcuts
My favorite place to create keyboard shortcuts is in my snippets library.
I simply create a Dreamweaver snippet and then assign a shortcut to it. You can also record your actions as you enact them, and then assign a keyboard shortcut to the result.