cPanel Migration Services and Guides – WHM
cPanel, Inc. offers migration tools and technical assistance to transfer your websites from third-party control panels to cPanel & WHM. The data migration process comes with caveats and concerns, and while we aim to make the process as seamless and transparent as possible, there is valuable information to know before your migration. cPanel, Inc. offers free migration services if you wish to transfer your websites from one of the following third-party control panels:
- Odin Plesk (formerly Parallels)
Migrate your server
For a successful migration process, your servers must meet the following requirements:
- An origin server that must run Plesk, DirectAdmin, or Ensim on a Linux operating system.
- A licensed and freshly-installed cPanel & WHM server that runs on CentOS 6 or 7, CloudLinux™ 6 or 7, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL) 6 or 7, or Amazon Linux.
- Both servers must use MySQL® 4.1 or higher and Perl 5.6.2 or higher.
- You must have
root-level access to both servers.
To migrate your server, perform the following steps:
- Submit a request — Submit a support ticket in the cPanel Customer Portal with the following subject:
Migration: Company Name: Server Hostname
- Initial evaluation — One of our migration specialists will perform an evaluation on the source server to determine whether it is a suitable candidate for a successful migration. The specialist will analyze the following items:
- Available disk space vs. the amount of data that will move.
- Operating system version.
- System software versions.
- Database management system versions.
- Available memory.
- Average CPU usage.
- Network connection between the target and source servers.
- Customized migration plan — Our specialist will generate a customized plan for the migration based on the order and quantity of sites you plan to migrate.
- Scheduling — In order to provide the highest level of service, cPanel, Inc. schedules migrations in advance. In your migration plan, our migration specialist will indicate available windows to begin the transfer. Due to network, hardware, and other variables outside of our specialists’ control, we only make an estimate for the duration of your migration.
Observed US Holidays and cPanel Release Schedules may delay a scheduled migration.
- Progress updates — We provide a migration hotline that you may call for status updates on your migration: 1-877-288-1492
- Coordinate DNS switchover — Your DNS records point at the original server until we complete and verify the transfer. If you use controlled DNS records or the domain register hosts your DNS, transfer them to a local DNS server before the migration begins.
We do not make DNS changes for you, but we will advise you on how to make these changes.
- Confirmation of completion — After our migration specialist completes your migration, they will confirm your satisfaction with the process.